Roadworks, closures and diversions
9. Hall Street / Turncroft Lane / Banks Lane / Offerton Lane
As part of our Town Centre Access Plan (TCAP) project we're changing the layout of the Hall Street / Turncroft Lane / Banks Lane / Offerton Lane junction with:
- localised widening
- the provision of improved traffic signals with controlled pedestrian / cycle crossings on all arms
- new landscaping on the corner of Hall Street and Turncroft Lane
The junction will be resurfaced following completion of the main works.
The works started on Monday 29 July and will take approximately 4 months. The works will mainly take place Monday to Friday from 7am to 5pm with weekend and evening working if needed.
The works have been planned to minimise disruption as much as possible, specifically maintaining two-way traffic on Hall Street, Banks Lane and Offerton Lane as much as possible. The existing signals will operate as normal for the majority of the works. Pedestrian access will also be maintained at all times.
The works require traffic management to ensure they can be carried out safely and efficiently.
From Monday 29 July, for the duration of the works, the following traffic management will be in place on a 24/7 basis:
- lane closures / narrowing on Hall Street / Offerton Lane and Banks Lane with two-way traffic maintained
- Turncroft Lane closed in both directions at the junction - access maintained to Park Lane. Access maintained at the other end of Turncroft Lane
- Graham Road closed in both directions between Hall Street / Offerton Lane and Woodbank Avenue
From Wednesday 31 July for approximately 3 days, Banks Lane will be closed in both directions at the junction from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
Diversion routes will be signed during periods of restricted movements.
The traffic management requirements may be subject to change by unforeseen circumstances on site.
Opportunities to open Turncroft Lane before the end of the works are being explored. It will be at the earliest opportunity when safe and appropriate to do so.
Up to date information will be provided on this page.
Please see the bus stops or contact the operator for information on service diversions.
The contractors working on behalf of the council will seek to minimise noise and disruption to local residents and businesses at all times.
If you've any questions about the works, contact the team on 0161 474 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report an out of hours emergency on site, call 0161 474 5555.