Requesting footage

2. Subject access request

The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to ask an organisation for a copy of some or all of the personal data it processes about them. This is called the right of subject access.

If you make a subject access request (SAR) to ask for copies of your personal data held on the council’s CCTV system, we will provide you with all the personal data you are entitled to under the Data Protection Act within the appropriate timescale.

Subject access request

We can only supply copies of your own personal data. We cannot provide details of other people or vehicles that you may be looking for. If footage is supplied, it will be edited to remove any data other than your own personal data.

To make a request, download and complete the form below:

Download the subject access request form (PDF 82Kb)