Reporting flooding issues

1. Overview

Flooding issues are dealt with by many agencies, including the Environment Agency, United Utilities and Stockport Council. The Council has duties as the lead local flood authority in Stockport.

If you're unsure whether you are at risk to flooding, visit the Environment Agency to view potential flood areas.

Flooding from private sewers and drains are the responsibility of the landowner and the council should not be contacted. This also relates to the flooding of cellars and water logging. Drainage of private property is also the responsibility of the landowner.