Ready to start work
2. Booking an inspection
You can't book a site inspection unless you have submitted a valid building regulations application.
You must let us know at least 2 days before work starts so that we can come and inspect the work.
You or your builder must tell us at the start, end, and at various stages of the building which include:
- before covering up an excavation
- laying reinforcement before concreting (in a foundation, ground beams or a slab)
- building over the damp-proof course
- laying drains and new drainage connections prior to covering over (backfilling)
- drains test after backfilling
- installation of structural (floor joists, roof structure, steel beams, etc.)
- thermal insulation before with plasterboard
- if the new area has been occupied (if before completion)
- completion (sign off)
These would normally be detailed in the inspection notification framework that you would receive following the receipt of the building regulation application for your project.
You can request an inspection using the form below:
Please note: if you're booking an inspection for the next working day you'll need to book it before 3pm the day before.