Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO's)
4. Promoting responsible dog ownership
We consulted on a PSPO to promote responsible dog ownership. The PSPO was approved by the council’s cabinet on 14 August 2018.
The PSPO includes the following measures.
- prevention of fouling on public land. This allows the fine for dog fouling to be increased from £50 to £100
- dogs to be excluded from children’s play areas and other enclosed sports areas
- limit of four dogs to be under the control of one person on parks and other public open areas
- dogs to be kept on leads in cemeteries
- requiring people to have dog bags or the means to pick up after their dog
- require people to put dogs that are causing a nuisance or are out of control on a lead when requested by an authorised officer
You can read the responsible dog ownership PSPO below:
PDF, 75 KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.