Schools and education
School admissions privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- administer the application, assessment and provision of school places
What type(s) of information do we use?
- contact details
- demographic information
- family and relationship details
What is the legal basis for using your information?
We are required to use your data to carrying out legal obligations or to comply with a statutory function
Where do we get your information?
- care providers including family members
Who do we share your information with?
- other Local Authorities
- schools, colleges or other education providers
How long will we keep your information?
- Primary school places retain from year records created for 1 year
- Secondary school places retain from year records created for 1 year
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) places retain from date of birth of child for 35 years
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.