Crime prevention and safety
CCTV Stockport privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- protect public areas
- deter and detect crime
- assist in the identification of offenders, leading to their arrest and successful prosecution
- reduce anti-social behaviour
- reduce the fear of crime
- encourage better use of facilities and attractions
- maintain and enhance the commercial viability of the town and encourage continued investment
What type(s) of information do we use?
- CCTV footage
What is the legal basis for using your information?
We are required to use your data to carrying out legal obligations or to comply with a statutory function
Where do we get your information?
- CCTV footage
Who do we share your information with?
How long will we keep your information?
Retain from date of filming for 28 days.
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.