Crime prevention and safety
Body worn cameras and videos privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- to evidence breaches of coronavirus legislation by businesses
- improve the health and safety of council officers, reducing the risk of incidents
- provide evidence to support Police action in the event of physical and verbal assaults on officers and to provide evidence to support and investigate allegations of inappropriate conduct by officers
What type(s) of information do we use?
- photographic, video and digital imagery and audio commentary
- process video images and audio data of members of the public generally and particularly people who come into contact with our officers
What is the legal basis for using your information?
We are required to use your data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of an official authority vested in ourselves as the controller
Where do we get your information?
- yourself via observations
- general public
Who do we share your information with?
- other departments within Stockport Council including, Licensing, Trading Standards and Legal
How long will we keep your information?
Recordings are stored for 30 days unless an incident is recorded and the footage is required for a longer period for investigatory purposes
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.