Coronavirus (COVID-19) business support grant schemes privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- administer the payment of grants to eligible businesses
- ensure that grants have been paid out in line with the eligibility and subsidy allowance conditions for the schemes
- prevent and detect payments in error and fraud, and take action to mitigate the risk of loss in relation to fraud
- evaluate and review the impact, performance and costs of the schemes
- research the effectiveness of the schemes and supporting future policy development
What type(s) of information do we use?
- identity of grant recipient
- business name and contact details
- national unique identifiers; self-assessment number and VAT registration number
- financial information, including the details of the grant provided
What is the legal basis for using your information?
- we need to comply with a legal obligation
- it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority, including the recovery of any grant funds incorrectly awarded or paid
- it is necessary for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences including fraud
Where do we get your information?
- other council departments
- central government
Who do we share your information with?
- other parts of the council
- credit agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- central government
How long will we keep your information?
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.