About your Council
Soloprotect privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- to protect our staff from violence, threatening behaviour and verbal abuse. Council staff can use the Soloprotect device to monitor and record incidents where they feel their personal safety is at risk. Audio recordings obtained through these devices can be used to take sanctions against offenders and may be used in criminal and civil proceedings
What type(s) of information do we use?
What is the legal basis for using your information?
The processing is required for is to perform our public tasks.
Where do we get your information?
Who do we share your information with?
- we do not routinely share this information with any external organisations or third parties
How long will we keep your information?
- audio captured will not be kept longer than is necessary. However, on occasions there may be a need to keep images for longer, for example where a crime is being investigated
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email email@example.com
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.