About your Council
National Fraud Initiative privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- help prevent fraud and theft of public funds
What type(s) of information do we use?
We provide information that you provided when providing goods/services, making a claim or applying for:
- personal budget/social care (where the payments are being made in part or full by the council)
- licences (market trader, personal alcohol licence, taxi driver)
- social housing (current tenants and individuals on a housing waiting list
- right to buy (completed and in progress)
- Council Tax reduction scheme
- blue badges
- employment with the council
- creditor data
Data we provide includes:
- contact details
- national unique identifiers
- financial information
- employment data
What is the legal basis for using your information?
Part 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 (LAAA) requires the Council to provide key sets of data to the Cabinet office.
Where do we get your information?
Who do we share your information with?
- Cabinet Office
- returned results will also be shared with other National Fraud Initiative (NFI) participants
How long will we keep your information?
The Cabinet Office will delete the initial data after 6 months. Matched data will remain accessible for 2 year after that (total of 2 and a half years)
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email email@example.com
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.