About your Council
Employee Relations privacy notice
We collect your information to:
Employee relations including:
- equal opportunities
- performance monitoring
- trade union
What type(s) of information do we use?
- contact details
- demographic information
- family and relationship details
- referral, assessment and care plan
- national unique identifiers
- health data
- financial information
- employment data
- education data
- social care
- race/ethnic origin
- religion and philosophical beliefs
- member of a trades union
- physical/mental health and genetic personal data based on DNA, RNA
- sexual orientation
- biometric in the context of identity
- criminal offences, alleged offences, related proceedings
- geolocation data
What is the legal basis for using your information?
The processing is required for the performance of a contract
Where do we get your information?
- central Government
- schools, colleges or other education providers
- health services
- other Local Authorities
Who do we share your information with?
- Central Government
- Health Services
- Trade Union representatives where we have your consent
- Occupational Health Services in selected cases
How long will we keep your information?
- cessation of employment + 6 years for disciplinary and grievance cases
- cessation of employment + 6 years for dismissals except gross misconduct due to a safeguarding reason
- cessation of employment + 25 years for dismissals due to gross misconduct for a safeguarding reason
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.