Wellbeing and prevention services

2. Advocacy casework service

An advocate is someone who can support you to:

  • voice your needs, wishes and opinions
  • put forward a case on your behalf. For example; make a complaint
  • access health and care services if there is no-one else to help you

We will help you if you need the support of an advocate when:

  • you want to make a complaint about the NHS
  • you need to stay in hospital due to a Section under the Mental Health Act (1983)
  • you need help with the adult social care assessment process and have nobody appropriate to support you

Visit the Stockport Advocacy website or call 0161 480 8979 for more information.