Reopening of Stockport museums
Stockport museums began a phased reopening in August 2020. Bramall Hall and Stockport Air Raid Shelters are open.
On Thursday 22 October, Stockport War Memorial Art Gallery will re-open to the public.
You must book tickets in advance so that we can manage our visitor numbers and follow government guidance on social distancing. Find information about how to book tickets and the new measures that are in place to keep you safe during your visit on our museums web page.
Planning your visit
7. Access at Bramall Hall
As Bramall Hall is located in a country park, there are:
- a number of steps in the park
- a lot of flat footpaths, however, there are some footpaths that have an uneven and steep surface
- a number of woodland trails where the ground is uneven
- cobbles in the Stable Block courtyard
The ground floor of the Hall is fully accessible, however the:
- first and second floors can only be reached by the staircase
- floors in the Hall are uneven and there are also a lot of small steps
- Hall is also quite dark in some places
You can take photos inside the Hall but we ask that you do not use a flash.