Planning enforcement and breaches

1. Tell us about a suspected planning breach

If you suspect an alleged breach of planning control, you must provide a written complaint so that we can carry out an investigation.

You can report breaches of planning control by email to Include as much information as you can, including photographs if you have them.

For urgent matters relating to listed buildings and protected trees call the Enforcement Team on 0161 474 3520 or 0161 474 3512.

It's important that you view the council's planning enforcement policy (130Kb). This was produced following consultation with community groups and interested organisations.