Placements for Looked After Children
Last updated 23 November 2020
We're committed to working with local providers to develop a sustainable market of placements for looked after children in Stockport.
We have more than enough residential children's homes in Stockport to provide beds for local children who need residential settings. However, our children's homes are often full as children from outside the Greater Manchester region are placed in Stockport. Our vision is to place more local children who need residential settings in the Stockport area.
Within Stockport and across Greater Manchester, there are not enough foster carers to meet the needs of our children. There is a need for more Independent Foster Agency carers within Stockport, particularly for teenagers, sibling groups and those with disabilities or more complex needs.
More information can be found in the following documents:
You can read the Greater Manchester Children’s Placement Sufficiency Observatory for information about the sufficiency of placements for looked after children across Greater Manchester. This information includes the Greater Manchester:
- Children’s Placement Sufficiency Strategy 2020 to 2022 document
- Sufficiency Data Dashboard which will update regularly to provide a dynamic representation of demand for placement services
- Current Commissioning Landscape for children’s placement services
- Market Position Statements for Children’s Residential Care, Foster Care and Supported Accommodation and Independent Living Services (SaILs)
- Strategic Commissioning Intentions for the future
For more information, email email@example.com