Personal injury and damage claims

1. Making a claim

You can make a claim for compensation if you've suffered a personal injury or damage to your property, a personal possession or vehicle and you believe Stockport Council to be at fault.

You must be able to prove that we've failed in our duty and that you've suffered an injury or damage because of this failure.

You must think carefully before making a claim. We have a high level of self-insurance and so successful claims are normally paid from public funds. This takes resources away from front line services.

If you still wish to make a claim, you can use the form below. You must make sure that you complete it fully and upload all supporting evidence. You must keep your losses to a minimum.

If your claim is due to a road defect, you can find more information on the following web page.

Make a personal injury or damage claim