Permits and licences

7. Street parties

Organising a small, private street party is very simple and generally does not include activities which would require a licence such as the sale of alcohol, providing certain types of entertainment, or charging an entrance fee for an event open to the wider public.

Please note that due to the difference in size and planning we require street party applications to be submitted four weeks before the event.

Please read the street party guidance notes (PDF 72Kb) before completing the application form below. You can also visit GOV.UK for guidance on organising a voluntary event.

Apply to hold a street party