Permits and licences

3. Events on the highway

Organising a large event or parade on a public highway is very simple and generally does not include activities which would require a licence such as the sale of alcohol, providing certain types of entertainment, or charging an entrance fee for an event open to the wider public.

You can apply to hold a large event or parade on the public highway using the form below.

Please read the events on the highway guidance notes (PDF 71Kb) before completing the application form. You may also find the guide to events (PDF 328Kb) useful.

Apply to hold an event on the public highway

Please note that due to the difference in size and planning the council requires larger event forms to be submitted eight weeks before the event.

For more information visit GOV.UK for guidance on organising a voluntary event.