Permits and licences

10. Cranes, containers and mobile elevating work platforms

If you need to place a crane, container or mobile elevating work platform (MEWP) on a highway or footway, you'll need our permission.

Permission can be obtained from us on completion of an application form with an attached plan.

Email to request am application form.

Charges for Crane/MEWPS are £139 for up to 7 days, and £50 for each subsequent 7 days.

Charges for Containers are £138 for the first 7 days, followed by £50 for each subsequent 7 days.

Public Liability Insurance cover must be at least £5,000,000 to be accepted.