Paying for care in your own home
Last updated 19 February 2020
1. Cost and paying for your care
What you may have to contribute for care services
If you need help and support in your own home, the following care services are available:
- personal support services and home care: £14.75 an hour
- night sitting service
- Telecare: £4.20 per week
- day care services
- a full day session at a day centre including meals. Charges depend on the day centre attended. View the latest day centre charges (PDF 83Kb)
- extra care housing
- extra care housing - supported response service by Creative Support – £14.25 per week
How much you'll pay towards the costs will depend on your individual circumstances.
Read our paying for services provided in the community leaflet (PDF 2.4Mb) to find more information.
Paying for your care
You'll receive a bill every 4 weeks.
You can pay:
- by cheque
- at a Post Office or Paypoint outlet using the barcode on your invoice
- over the telephone using your debit or credit card
- online using your debit or credit card
- by standing order
Call 0161 474 4781 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information or advice.
Visit the Paying for Care website for unbiased financial advice about paying for care and support package. You can:
- talk to an advisor online
- request to speak to an expert on the telephone
- receive an email response
You can also contact an independent financial adviser for advice.