Parks and outdoors
Last updated 22 February 2021
Our parks are open for individuals and households to exercise.
Visit the GOV.UK website for guidance on exercise, public spaces and what you can and cannot do.
Play areas and outdoor gyms
Our play areas are now open, apart from:
- Scholars Green LAP2; opening delayed until the 24 July to allow repair work to be completed
- Peel Moat open space; new play area being constructed and is expected to reopen in August
- Covent Garden; work will restart on the new play area the week starting 20 July
Help prevent the spread of coronavirus by observing the following rules:
- bring your own hand sanitiser to maintain good hand hygiene. Use it before you enter the play area, when you leave and regularly throughout your stay. Hand sanitiser is not provided at any of our play areas
- consider wiping down handles and touch points on play items before use. Dispose of the wipe away immediately and responsibly
- maintain social distancing at all times. Please encourage your children to use play items that are not in use and to take turns at busier times
- do not consume food or drink within the play area
- dispose of all litter and used protective wear in litter bins or by taking it home. For example; wipes, face coverings or gloves