Our key principles
Last updated 12 September 2022
We got feedback about what can be built and where, in the One Stockport Borough Plan consultation.
This feedback has helped to develop our key principles that we'll use to form the Local Plan.
- build our plan around our neighbourhoods, celebrating and reflecting what makes our communities unique
- take a Brownfield first approach to development, protecting our greenspaces as much as possible
- be design-led, aiming to achieve the highest quality of design for Stockport
- put local infrastructure and communities at the heart of our approach, recognising the needs of our neighbourhoods and areas
- ensure everything we do contributes to Stockport’s response and resilience to the Climate Emergency
- contribute to the good health and wellbeing of our communities
We've set out how these principles might translate into planning policies relating to different topics. You can read more about these principles in the One Stockport Local Plan document.