Our online form is unavailable
Some of our online forms may be temporarily unavailable.
We'll remove this message as soon as the issue is resolved.
Volunteering opportunities in libraries
Last updated 7 July 2023
1. IT volunteer
Volunteers will provide IT support for learners and PC users in libraries.
Roles and responsibilities
- to assist the library staff in supporting library users with IT skills with one to one coaching
- to provide advice, support and coaching in IT skills according to the specific needs of the library users
- to listen sympathetically and help library users to work out solutions to their learning problems
Cheadle Library on Fridays between 10:30am and 11:30am, starting on 16 June 2023.
Your skills and abilities
The role would suit someone who:
- is competent in IT with an interest in sharing knowledge and skills
- is able to explain simple technical terms used in computing
- has good communication and listening skills
- has patience and flexibility
- has a friendly approachable manner with an ability to encourage and motivate
- the ability to work on your own
Training, resources and information
An induction will be given and further training offered where appropriate. There'll be a 12 week trial period.
Who will be there
Library staff and other volunteers.
Benefits of volunteering
Some of the benefits include:
- gain experience of planning, delivering, promoting and helping with IT learning activities
- gain experience of working with people
- valuable training and experience that can be included in CVs and job applications
You can visit our become a volunteer page to apply.