Last updated 15 June 2020
UPDATE: New list of items that can be taken to Stockport's tips
Further changes to items that can be taken to Stockport's Recycling Centres
From Saturday 13th June, you will be able to take the following items to the three recycling centres in Stockport (Adswood, Bredbury and Rose Hill Marple):
• General waste including small bulky items
• Garden waste
• Wood and timber
• Scrap metal
• Electrical items (all types)
• Oil, Batteries and gas bottles
• Glass, cans and plastic bottles
• Light bulbs
For the full list of what you can take, please visit Recycle for Greater Manchester.
Items that you can’t take to the recycling centre are:
• Large items of furniture
• Textiles, clothes and shoes
• CDs, DVDs and tapes.
This is part of a phased reopening gradually opening up more recycling containers.
Social distancing will be in place on site.
All three centres in Stockport are open Monday to Sunday, 8am to 6pm.
__Please follow social distancing measures on site: __
• Stay two metres (six feet) away from other visitors and staff at all times.
• Two people from the same household may leave their vehicle only to carry large items.
• Other passengers must remain in the car.
• Only visit if you really need to.
Recycling Centre Rules
• Cars and small vans only - No transit type vans and vehicles with trailers.
• No pedestrian access.
• SUEZ staff will not be able to help unload your vehicle.
• Please take proof of address with you such as your council tax bill, gas or electric bill to show you live in one of the 9 councils in Greater Manchester. You can show your bill on your mobile phone.
• ANPR and CCTV are in operation, trade waste is not allowed.
• Please expect to queue for longer than usual due to social distancing restrictions in place. Please make sure you don’t block access for other road users.
Queues are expected so please be prepared to wait for longer than usual.