Last updated 16 April 2020
Stockport - You must stay home
The Government has announced today (Thursday 16 April) that the current restrictions in place across the UK will be extended into next week.
The Government has announced today (Thursday 16 April) that the current restrictions in place across the UK will be extended for a further three weeks.
Stockport Council is urging all residents to continue to follow the latest national measures and stay at home.
You will still only be allowed to leave your home for the following reasons
• shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
• one form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle, alone or with members of their household;
• any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person;
• travelling to and from work, but only where it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
• parks will remain open for exercise but all gatherings of more than two people in public - excluding people you live with - are banned
You can read the latest government guidance on staying at home and away from others on the Goverment website.