Last updated 27 May 2019
Stockport Local Fund opens for applications next week
Stockport Local Fund opens on 3rd June. This £1 million fund is supporting great ideas that make a difference in our communities. How could you make your mark in Stockport?
Don’t miss the opportunity to apply to Stockport Local Fund when it opens again on 3rd June. We have already invested in lots of exciting ideas across Stockport, making the initiatives you had for your communities a reality through this local fund.
Councillor Amanda Peers, Cabinet Member for Inclusive Neighbourhoods at Stockport Council said: “Stockport Local is all about supporting individuals, groups and organisations who have great ideas that will make a real difference in their communities.
“We can help fund buildings, materials, training, equipment and resources. We can help you build networks by matching you with others in the voluntary or business sector, offering advice and help with promotion through our online directory. We have invested in innovative ideas across Stockport and I am looking forward to seeing the impact they will make.”
Recently awarded grants include:
• Café Lite: Lunches and afternoon teas for older members of the local community, who may be on their own or need support.
• Project Inc: An art and design project to engage young people experiencing isolation, improving school engagement, educational attainment and wellbeing.
• Alvanley Practice Champions: A health and wellbeing group who needed to build a multi-purpose community space.
• Yaran CIC: A drop-in service offering bilingual psychological support, advice and guidance to migrants new to Stockport.
• Pure Innovations: A cafe and bakery where people with disabilities are supported to learn new skills while improving their wellbeing and confidence.
Everyone can apply – we are looking for innovative ideas that will reduce crime and social isolation, improve wellbeing and make a real difference in your community. You can apply for up to £10,000 per project. Applications for funding must be made between Monday 3rd June and Sunday 30th June 2019. There is support available so please contact us through our online form.
Councillor Peers continues: “If you’re enthusiastic about a great idea for your local community this is an opportunity not to be missed. The online application process is quick and easy - you can even submit it on your mobile phone! Visit our website now and take the first step to make your mark in Stockport.“
To find out more visit our web pages.