Last updated 14 May 2020
Recycle for Greater Manchester announce new guidelines for recycling centres
Green waste, cardboard and wood now among items that can be dropped off at recycle centres
From Saturday, May 16, you will be able to take the following items to the two recycling centres (Bredbury and Adswood) that are open in Stockport:
• Garden waste (excluding soil)
• General waste and small bulky items
This is part of a phased reopening gradually opening up more sites and recycling containers. Social distancing will be in place on site and traffic management outside the sites.
Bredbury is open 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday, while Adswood is open 7 days a week from 8am to 6pm. Rose Hill in Marple remains closed.
Please check the Recycle for Greater Manchester website for the latest information on opening times and when you are able to visit based on your number plate.
|16 May||17 May||18 May||19 May||20 May||21 May||22 May|
|23 May||24 May||25 May||26 May||27 May||28 May||29 May|
Recycling Centre Rules
• Only 1 person allowed out of the vehicle
• Please keep 2 metres apart at all times.
• Cars and small vans only - No transit type vans and vehicles with trailers
• No pedestrian access
• SUEZ staff will not be able to help unload your vehicle
• Please take proof of address with you such as your council tax bill, gas or electric bill to show you live in one of the 9 councils in Greater Manchester. You can show your bill on your mobile phone.
• ANPR and CCTV are in operation, trade waste is not allowed.
• Please expect to queue for longer than usual due to social distancing restrictions in place. Please make sure you don’t block access for other road users
Please note a traffic management system by number plate will be in place. This is based on odd and even number plates and works on a rota system by day.
Please visit Recycle for GM for more information.
Queues are expected so please be prepared to wait for longer than usual.