Last updated 1 April 2022
Hopping mad fun at Stockport libraries this Easter
The Easter holidays are almost upon us in Stockport, and Stockport libraries have got plenty of activities on to help keep families entertained!
From craft sessions to Easter egg hunts, there’s something for the whole family at libraries across the borough.
Why not pop along and join in the fun?
Wednesday 6 April
- Bredbury library – Board game drop-in session – 11am-2pm
Friday 8 April
- Central library – Toddler story time and craft event: including Easter basket making and decorating – 10.30am-11.30am
- Marple library – Easter egg hunt and craft event – 11am – 12pm
Monday 11 April
- Hazel Grove library – Easter crafts session – Easter egg hunt around the library, plus making chick heads and bunny ears!
- High Lane library – Easter story time and egg hunt – 11am – Find the Easter eggs after a fun story time of rhymes and stories.
Tuesday 12 April
- Reddish library – Story time 11am – Craft session 2pm-3pm
- Bredbury library – Easter egg hunt and craft event – 11am
- Central library – Easter egg hunt and craft session to create an Easter card – 2pm-3.30pm
Wednesday 13 April
- Edgeley library – Paint your own plant pot for spring!
- Central library – Cinema night! Bring your popcorn and settle in for a showing of Peter Rabbit. 6.30pm start. Book your tickets on Eventbrite
- Great Moor library – Easter themed story time followed by Easter egg crafts and even an egg rolling competition! Storytime at 2pm and craft at 2.30pm
Saturday 16 April
- Offerton library - Design an Easter egg to have yours on display at the library 11am – 12pm
Plus, all holidays long at Brinnington library you can enter quizzes and colouring competitions! Every entry gets a chocolate egg, so it’s the perfect way to spread the Easter fun!
Marple Library are holding a “Love Your Library” writing and drawing competition. To enter draw a picture or write a story about Marple Library (100 words or less). Work will be displayed in the Library with a fab prize for the best entries. Categories aged 4 – 7 and 8 – 11.
Kirsteen Roe, Service Director for Citizen Focus at Stockport Council, said: “This is a great opportunity for families to come and engage with our library services and have a fantastic time as well! Whether you’re a regular library visitor or just want to come down and see what’s on offer, do drop in and try one of the many Easter events that are going on throughout the holidays.”
Libraries offer so much more than just great books. As well as regular events like these, there’s also the chance to access hundreds of eBooks and eAudiobooks via the Borrowbox app. Newspapers and magazines more your thing? You can access titles from around the world with the Pressreader service!
Drop in to your local library to find out more about the many things on offer. Just have a chat with our friendly staff.
To find your nearest library, visit our libraries webpage.