Last updated 19 October 2020
1. Reopening of Stockport museums
We're very happy to announce that Stockport Museums will begin a phased reopening of its museum sites. Bramall Hall and Stockport Air Raid Shelters opened on Thursday 6 August.
On Thursday 22 October, Stockport War Memorial Art Gallery will re-open to the public.
The safety of our staff and visitors is a priority so we have put in place new measures to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit including:
- enhanced cleaning
- hand sanitising stations at the entrance and exit of our museums
- limiting the number of visitors in the venue at any one time to ensure social distancing is possible and to adhere to the government’s guidelines on test and trace
- asking visitors to pre-book tickets with a set start time for their visit
- removing audio guides and interactives to limit contact surfaces
All visitors must wear a face covering inside Stockport museums unless they:
- have a reason for not doing so, such as a health condition that makes it difficult to wear a face covering
- are under the age of 11 years
Our museum shops remain closed. If you want to browse our goods, you can visit our online shop.
Before you visit
You must book tickets in advance so that we can manage our visitor numbers and follow government guidance on social distancing.
You can book tickets using our online box office:
- Book tickets for Bramall Hall
- Book tickets for Stockport Air Raid Shelters
- Book tickets for Stockport War Memorial Art Gallery
Tickets can be printed at home or sent to you by e-mail. Please make sure that you bring proof of purchase when you visit.
The lead booker can select up to 6 tickets, including their own, for members of their household. Each person must have their own ticket.
You'll need to leave your contact details for test and trace purposes. These details will be destroyed securely after 21 days.
When you arrive
You'll be greeted by a member of staff who will check your ticket and introduce you to our new one-way system. There are additional floor markings and signs to guide you around the museums.
Please note that some smaller rooms and confined spaces have been closed off from public viewing at this time to ensure that social distancing rules can be adhered to.