Moving from children's to adult services

Getting a diagnosis

If a young person aged 16 to 18 has signs of autism you can talk to:

They'll be able to refer your child for an autism assessment.

After a diagnosis

Our Early Adulthood Team is part of Adult Social Care. They work with young people who are approaching adulthood and who may need support when they turn 18.
Anyone can make a referral.

To find more information about services for young people with autism who are approaching adulthood, you can visit the Stockport SEND Local Offer website.