Last updated 12 February 2024
1. Marple neighbourhood plan, referendum version
Following submission of the plan under Regulation 16, it was assessed by an independent examiner who prepared a report with recommended modifications.
The council's role was then to decide whether or not to accept the modifications of the examiner and therefore to conduct a referendum on whether the plan should become part of the local development plan for Stockport (for considering planning applications for the Marple neighbourhood area).
On 11 January 2024, the council accepted the examiner's report and revised plan and decided to hold a referendum. The referendum will be held in the Marple Neighbourhood Area on Thursday 21 March 2024.
- further details of the plan and appendices
- the examiner’s report
- decision statement
- referendum information statement
- other associated information of relevance to the plan and referendum
These documents are also available to inspect from Monday 12 February 2024 until the referendum date at:
- local libraries during staffed hours in High Lane, Hazel Grove and Marple
- Stopford House reception
You can visit our library pages to find local library opening times.
You can visit our referendum page to find information on how to vote on the neighbourhood plan for Marple.