Manchester South Coroner's service
Last updated 23 February 2024
2. About us
HM Coroner holds office under the Crown and is an independent judicial officer for the jurisdiction of Stockport, Trafford and Tameside.
The Coroners for Manchester South are:
- Ms A Mutch, Senior Coroner
- Mr C Morris, Area Coroner
We also have a number of Assistant Coroners who assist us when required.
You can read more information on the Coroner Services on the GOV UK website.
- the Court has a communal waiting area, toilets including a toilet for people with disabilities
- there is a loop system available in the Court
- smoking is not permitted in the Court building
- guide and assistance dogs are permitted within the Court
Getting to the Coroner's Court
The Coroner’s Court is located on the A6 close to Stockport Town Centre and is next to the Town Hall adjacent to the Stockport Art Museum.
The Court is located a few minutes off the M60 motorway, please use post code SK1 3XE if using a satnav.
There are no parking facilities at the Court, there is on street metered, parking around the Court but this is limited. There are a number of public car parks nearby. If you require a disabled parking place please contact the office.
Stockport train station is situated close to the Court, approximately a 10 minute walk away.
There are many local bus services which stop outside of the court on Wellington Road South.