Local Transport Plan 3 - 2011/12 to 2014/15
The Local Transport Plan (LTP) defines how Transport for Greater Manchester and the Greater Manchester Authorities are going to make it easier for people to travel in Greater Manchester over the next few years and beyond.
It outlines how they will provide a viable, sustainable and accessible transport network capable of supporting the region's economic growth long into the future.
It also shows how they will reduce the impact that transport has on the environment and help to improve health by reducing accidents and encouraging 'active travel'.
It covers all modes of travel, including buses, heavy rail, Metrolink, walking, cycling, cars and freight, as well as the other issues which affect people's travel choices - fares, ticketing, passenger information, accessibility and safety.
A copy of the Local Transport Plan and a summary version can be found on the TfGM website.
Copies of the previous LTP documents can be found below:
- LTP1 - Annex 11 GMPTA (PDF 143Kb)
- LTP1 - Annex 7 Stockport (PDF 113Kb)
- LTP1 - Appendix A Forecasts from SPM (PDF 96Kb)
- LTP1 - Appendix B Appraisal of LTP 5 Year Prog (PDF 71Kb)
- LTP1 - Appendix C Planning Hierarchy Matrix (PDF 66Kb)
- LTP2 Main document (PDF 3.14Mb)
- LTP2 Technical Annex (PDF 3.33Mb)
- LTP 1 - 2006 July Final (PDF 5.80Mb)