Last updated 9 December 2020
Renewing your Leisure Key card
If your Leisure Key card expired after 1 March 2020, your card will automatically be extended until further notice. You do not need to contact us to request a new card.
Leisure Key is our discount card for eligible residents offering reduced prices for leisure activities, events and cultural attractions throughout the borough.
There are 4 different types of Leisure Key cards - Band A, B, D and E.
- Band A
- Band B
- Band D Armed Forces
- Band E: Armed Forces family
- Family members of Leisure Key holders
- Free companion card
- How to apply
This costs £2.65 for one year.
You can apply for a Band A Leisure Key if you receive any of the following. Proof of eligibility is shown with each criteria:
- Pension Credit: a recent benefit letter or bank statement showing payments
- Income Support: a recent benefit letter or bank statement showing payments
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA): a recent benefit letter or bank statement showing payments - earned income on last assessment period must be below £616.67 or
£7,400 per year
- Universal Credit: a screen-print of award breakdown from your online account - earned income on last assessment period must be below £616.67 or £7,400 per year
- Housing Benefit: a recent Housing Benefit notification letter
- Council Tax Support: your current bill showing the reduction or a support notification letter
- Working Tax Credits: an award letter from HMRC or a recent bank statement showing payments
- Child Tax Credit, if your household income is £16,105 or below: an award letter from HMRC
You can also apply:
- for a child in the care of the local authority/foster carer: letter from the Family Placement Team
- if you're a parent or guardian for adoptive children: letter from Social Services of the full adoption certificate and proof of Child benefit if you receive it
- if you're an asylum seeker: a letter from our asylum seekers team
- if you're on a training scheme for young people. For example; modern apprenticeship or work based learning: a training agreement with the Learning Skills Council
This costs £6.45 for one year.
You can apply for a Band B Leisure Key if you're in any of the following categories. Proof of eligibility is shown with each category:
- aged 60 or over: bus pass, birth certificate or passport
- long term sick: Incapacity Benefit or Employment Support Allowance letter from the Department for Work and Pensions(DWP), or a bank statement showing payments
- disability: an award letter for Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independent Payment, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit or War Disablement Pension, or a bank statement showing payments
- carers: Carers Allowance letter from the DWP showing entitlement to the Carer Premium or a bank statement showing payments
- full-time student aged 18 or over: a letter from your college, valid at the time of your application. We cannot accept an enrolment card or student union card
- student nurse, including nursing diploma and degree students: a letter from your college or university, valid at the time of your application
This costs £6.15 for a single card for one year.
To apply, you'll need:
- proof that you live in Stockport. For example; Council Tax bill, utility bill or a driver's licence with your name and address on
- a recent passport sized photograph
- proof that you're a serving member of the armed forces. For example; a letter from your Commanding Officer
This costs £10 for a family card for one year.
For the serving person and / or their partner and dependant children aged up to 18 years inclusive.
To apply, you'll need:
- the supporting documents listed above
- proof that you receive Child Benefit or proof of access rights for any children who are going to be included on your family card
Children must be accompanied by an adult named on the card.
- partners of those in Band A - if you provide proof that you are the partner of a Band A card holder, you can buy your own Leisure Key for £2.65
- children aged 10 or under whose parents are Leisure Key holders can be named on both their parents/guardians Leisure Key at no extra charge as long as both parent's qualify
- children aged 11 to 18 (inclusive) whose parents are eligible for a Leisure Key Can buy a Band A Leisure Key Card for £2.65
- children aged 9 or 10 whose parents/guardians are eligible for a Leisure Key Can do either of the above
You must provide proof that you receive Child Benefit or proof of access rights for any children included on your family card. You also need to bring the child's birth certificate or passport as proof of the child's age. For children aged 9 or over who are applying for a card, both the parent/guardian and the child must be present.
If you have a disability, are in receipt of a disability benefit, hold a current Leisure Key card and you require support to use a facility, you are entitled to a
companion card. The companion card allows you to take a relative, friend or carer
with you and they will also be entitled to discounts and, in some venues, free
admission. This card is free of charge and can be used by whoever you wish to help you, you do not need to name the companion on the card and they do not need to apply.
You can renew your card up to 30 days before and after the expiry date. Please bring your current card with you along with proof of eligibility and proof that you live in Stockport.
If you're aged 60 or over you only need to bring in proof that you live in Stockport. You'll also need a recent photo, although it may be possible to use your existing photograph on your current card.
- Band A - £1.40
- Band B - £3.25
- Band D - £6.15
- Band E - £10
If you lose or damage your Leisure Key card, it can be replaced for a fee of £2.20. You'll also need to provide proof that you live in Stockport.
To apply for or renew a Leisure Key, email email@example.com.
In your email you'll need to:
- tell us your name
- tell us your address
- tell us your date of birth
- tell us what band you want to apply for
- attach the correct supporting documents for proof of eligibility listed above
- attach a passport style photograph for the Leisure Key card