High hedges policy

4. Making a formal complaint

The person making the complaint must send a copy of the complaint particulars to the owner/occupier of the land where the hedge is situated. They must also submit the complaint forms to us.

We'll require evidence to show that the owner/occupier of the land in question has been forewarned by the complainant and that failure to negotiate a solution would lead to the matter being referred to us.

Please complete the form below if you want to make a formal complaint.

Download the high hedges complaint form (PDF 221Kb)

Complaint fees

A fee of £500 is required to be submitted with a complaint form.

Residents who are currently in receipt of either housing or council tax benefits at the time the application is made can claim a 50% discount on the application fee.