Disability Stockport, 23 High Street, Stockport, SK1 1EG
What we do
We're a local charity which has been improving the lives of people, and their carers, with physical disabilities and/or sensory impairment for over 30 years. We're based in the centre of Stockport and the local bus stops at the front of our building.
Our support and advice services include:
- day support at the Primus Club
- evenings and weekends via Connect and Wellbeing
- independent living and personal budgets via Stockport Centre for Independent Living (CIL)
- group activities via the Wellbeing Centre including benefits and other practical support
- campaigning, advice and information via our social media and disability centre
There are volunteering opportunities on a number of different days, times and locations so please get in touch for more details.
Primus gives daytime support to disabled people. Members are helped to live as independently as possible.
We provide lots of activities including:
- arts and crafts
- days out
Primus is led by members who are elected each year onto the committee.
You can choose when you want to come. Lunch is available, or you can bring your own.
We're open from 9:30am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 3pm on Saturdays.
You can become a member:
- through your social worker
Call 0161 474 8288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full induction training and support for a variety of roles.Get in touch with us
Online or in personMake a donation
Telephone0161 480 7248
How to find us
For accessible transport options visit our accessible transport page.
Stockport Local disclaimer: The content on this page has not been created by Stockport Council. For more information read the full Terms and Conditions.