Great Fire of London
School trips during coronavirus
We're no longer taking bookings for school trips for the current academic year, 2020 to 2021.
School trip bookings are now being taken for the academic year, 2021 to 2022, beginning in September 2021. This will remain subject to government restrictions in place at the time of the visit. Capacity restrictions will remain limited to one class or bubble of 30 pupils per day.
The school trips available are:
- Bramall Hall – Tudor Experience
- Air Raid Shelters – Evacuees Experience
- Staircase House – Great Fire of London
You can call 0161 474 4449 for more information.
Last updated 11 September 2020
This is a half day trip that can be made into a full day. Trips on a Monday are full day only and the maximum number of pupils is 60. For a full or half day trip Tuesday to Friday the maximum number of pupils is 45.
In this exciting session, pupils will 'Retell the story' of the Great Fire of London within the 17th century rooms at Staircase House.
Pupils will learn:
- where, when and why the Great Fire broke out
- the sequence of the main events of the fire
- what an eye witness is, Samuel Pepys
Make a full day trip
To make a full day trip, choose two sessions from the list below:
- Wattle and daub – pupils will learn about 17th century house construction and take a wattle and daub panel back to school
- The Plague – pupils will learn about the Plague and make a ‘medicine or cure’ using herbs
- Fire Mark – pupils will learn about Fire Marks and design one to take back to school