Graduate work experience
Finding a job after graduating can be tough, especially without previous work experience, which is where we come in. As part of our brokerage service, Stockport Council offers work experience to graduates on a volunteer basis.
We are offering 2 – 4 week unpaid placements that allow you to develop your degree skills whilst gaining experience in a field that you are passionate about.
Reasonable travel expenses may be provided if required.
Benefits for you
A vital part of the transition from education to work is having experience in a working environment. Undertaking work experience with Stockport Council allows you to:
- make contacts with Stockport’s largest employer
- develop the skills you have gained through your degree
- get a feel for a working environment
- gain knowledge of the public sector and specific areas of interest
- Get practical experience in a specific field
- enhance your CV and gain a reference
- work on a project within a framework of your choice e.g. management