3. Call for sites
As part of the work being undertaken to develop a new local plan for Stockport, we're asking people to identify land or sites they would like to see either protected or developed for a particular use. This could either be:
- sites that you think should be protected, for example, an open space for recreational use, or a business site to provide local jobs
- sites that you think should be promoted for a use that is different from its current use, for example, a site that could be developed for housing, business or leisure
You can use our form below to:
- promote a site(s) for potential housing development if it is not already included in the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA)
- provide additional or amended site information if you've previously submitted a site and the information given to you is incorrect or out of date
What you should include in your submission
- all submissions should be accompanied by an Ordnance Survey base map that clearly shows the boundaries of the site outlined in red. If you also own adjacent land you must edge this in blue
- site boundary must be clearly marked, ideally on an Ordnance Survey map base, supplied at A4 or A3 size. The scale must enable site boundaries to be clearly identified - for the majority of the sites, the scale would need to be 1:1250 or less
- maps that property boundaries cannot be identified will not be accepted
- maps must show at least two named roads to make sure that the site can be correctly identified. A postcode would also help to locate the site and grid references should be given if they're available
- maps should be annotated with the name and location of the site
The call for sites will close on 28 February 2020.
You can use our online form to make a call for sites submission.
You can also download and complete the form below and email it to email@example.com or post it to:
Planning Policy Team
Services to Place
PDF, 162 KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.