Funding your care and money management
Last updated 19 February 2020
1. Making decisions about your care
Many of us will require long term care in the future. This could be care provided in a residential home, nursing home or in your own home.
Before you consider how you'll pay for your care, look at what choices you have in terms of care provision. Get as much information and advice as possible to help you make the right decision.
You'll need to think about:
- how you plan to pay for your care
- your retirement and any plans you may have
- how you would get help and support for yourself when you're older
- what you would do if you needed care urgently
- whether you're a family member or carer with Power of Attorney over somebody else’s care
- whether you have an adult dependent with physical and/or learning disabilities and want them to be financially provided for when you die
- planning for your retirement and future if you're disabled
If you'd like more information contact the Social Care Charges Team:
Address: 2nd Floor, Stopford House, Piccadilly, Stockport SK1 3XE
Phone: 0161 474 4781