Free school meal vouchers during half term
For families entitled to free school meals, we are working hard to get supermarket vouchers to you as soon as possible. The vouchers will be to the value of £15 per eligible child and will be sent to you in the post.
If you're struggling financially now, please contact our coronavirus helpline on 0161 217 6046. The helpline is open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm and on Friday from 9am to 4:30pm. We can provide information on other types of support including; emergency food deliveries and help with every day living costs.
You can also visit our money advice and support pages.
Free school meals
3. How to apply
If you want to claim free school meals then you should complete the free school meals application form below. You'll need your National Insurance number so have it ready before you start.
You should note that
- if your child attends a school in Stockport you must make your claim for free school meals with us
- if you live in Stockport and your child attends a school outside of Stockport, your claim should be made with the authority who educates your child
- free school meals are available if your child attends nursery for full days at a maintained school in Stockport
- free schools meals are not usually available for children who go to independent (private) schools
- schools cannot provide free meals to children until authorised by the council
- children who are 16 and over and have left school can't get free school meals. However, you can apply direct to their further-education college for free meals if you receive a qualifying income
When we have dealt with your claim we'll tell you and the school if your child is entitled to receive free school meals.