Food safety and standards
We're responsible for the safety of food which is imported, manufactured, sold and consumed in the 2,500 food premises in Stockport. We provide advice and education to food businesses and take enforcement action where necessary.
We're responsible for many food safety related inspections and schemes including:
- programmed food hygiene inspections
- advisory visits to new businesses
- approved premises inspections
- food complaints investigations
- food poisoning outbreaks investigations
- food sampling to ensure food is safe to eat
- enforcement action when hygiene standards are not met
The Food Safety team can be contacted by calling 0161 474 4208 or emailing email@example.com.