Food safety and standards
Last updated 23 June 2022
We're responsible for the safety of food which is imported, manufactured, sold and consumed in the 2,500 food premises in Stockport. We provide advice and education to food businesses and take enforcement action where necessary.
We're responsible for many food safety related inspections and schemes including:
- programmed food hygiene inspections
- approved premises inspections
- food complaints investigations
- food poisoning outbreaks investigations
- food sampling to ensure food is safe to eat
- enforcement action when hygiene standards are not met
You can get in touch with the Food Safety team by emailing email@example.com or calling 0161 474 4181.
You can also find the latest news and alerts on the Food Standards Agency website.