'Working in Care' Jobs Fair
Date and timeMonday 19 June 2017 11:00 - 15:00
LocationStockport Town Hall Ballroom, Edward Street, Stockport, SK1 3XE
Submitted byAdult Social Care
Are you interested in a career in care? You might be leaving school or college and are busy exploring the different opportunities available to you, or perhaps you have valuable experience of caring for a family member and you are looking for a new opportunity for paid employment or a chance to return to work?
Come along to the ‘Working in Care’ Jobs Fair where you can meet with providers who have immediate vacancies available.
There are so many rewarding and flexible opportunities available in the care sector which may include:
- Registered Managers – have overall responsibility for the management and day to day running of a care home
- Care Home Nurses – provide nursing care to people who live in care homes on a 24/7 rota system
- Care Home Assistants – work on a 24/7 rota system to provide personal care and emotional support to people who live in care homes
- Activities Coordinators – support people in care homes to socialise, be creative and share their life experiences and achievements
- Home Care Assistants – supporting people in their own home with personal care, practical help and emotional support
- Personal Assistants – supporting an individual who has a Direct Payment with personal care, day to day living and getting out and about
- Domestic staff – including cleaners and laundry assistants.
You can also find out more about training, apprenticeships and qualifications that you can work towards to support you in your job and to help you to progress in your career.
There will be lots of people you can chat to on the day about a career in care and the opportunities available. For more information, please contact Sarah Statham firstname.lastname@example.org or Fran Davies email@example.com.