Natal Birth Partner Workshop
Saturday 16 June 2018 12:30 - 16:30
Date and time
Being a birth partner is an extremely important job. It is a crucial role that plays a huge part in the well-being of mum and baby.
The responsibilities are so much more than just the stereotypical images of holding mum's hand while she experiences contractions, or carrying the hospital bag in. While these jobs are important, the birth partner also has a very vital emotional, as well as practical, part to play. Their behaviour and attitudes can encourage mum to have a calm, confident labour or Caesarean section.
In our workshops we address their roles and responsibilities equally. The workshop will guide you both through:
- the importance of the mind-body connection
- relaxation and managing stress
- breathing practise for birth
- childbirth physiology to demystify the experience
- practical birth positions and anchors
- preparing birth partner for their role during the pregnancy and birth
- birth choices and preferences
- interventions and how to cope with the unexpected
- use of B.R.A.I.N.
- communication and 'code word'
- male and female psychology during birth