BSL support sessions
Date and time
The Prevention Alliance provide face to face and video call support sessions to people who are deaf in Stockport. The sessions are run by 2 dedicated key workers supported by a BSL interpreter. They take place at Stockport Homes in Cornerstone.
We provide information and advice around health and wellbeing, finances, housing and social engagement. Much of our work focuses on:
- advocacy with other services promoting deaf awareness
- information on how to access BSL interpreters
- the use of digital apps such as the Sign Live app and Sign Health NHS service to help break down communication barriers
We offer digital support to the deaf community to make sure they have equal access to support and services. For example assisting with:
- setting up online utility accounts
- setting up email accounts
- claiming benefits (DWP)
- downloading various apps to promote independence
To book an appointment, text us on 07539 468560.
For more information, you can: