3 day Millinery Summer School
Wednesday 25 July 2018 10:30 - 16:30
Date and time
Booking informationBook your place
Immerse yourself in 3 whole days of millinery. A perfect opportunity to really hone your skills, try a new technique, tackle a more challenging project or take your work in a new direction. Students will aim to make 1 felt hat and 1 straw hat over the course of 3 days.
Suitable for adults.
Note: the course runs from the 25th July to 27th July 2018.
About your tutors
Sue Carter and Marie Thornton teamed up to teach at Hat Works 4 years ago. They have used their combined knowledge to support over 200 people through their millinery journey at the museum.
Marie studied HNC millinery at Leeds College of Art and Sue studied City and Guilds Millinery in Huddersfield. They both taught millinery short courses at Leeds College of Art.
Why learn at Hat Works?
- our groups are small so everyone can get the support they need to progress
- sessions are often inspired by hats from the museum collection
- the museum offers a unique place to learn the art of millinery and explore Stockport’s hatting heritage
- "It was perfect for me, everything was explained in detail. And tutors were very kind to share their skills and knowledge. “
- “Fantastic course, knowledgeable and supportive course leaders. I felt comfortable yet challenged. The location and facilities were perfect.”
Hat Works reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen events. We will notify you with as much notice as possible. Transfer onto an alternative course (if possible) or a full refund will be offered. We cannot offer refunds in the event of you cancelling your place. Where possible, we will offer you a place on another course subject to availability.