Equality and Diversity
4. Equality and diversity policies
The council's equality statement outlines the council’s overall vision, objectives and approach to equalities.
The council’s vision is to “promote equal life outcomes for all by tackling known inequalities across the borough of Stockport”.
The council has also agreed the following equality objectives:
- improving life chances, opportunities and aspirations for all by tackling inequalities across our borough
- ensuring equality of opportunity by supporting residents to meet skills and employment aspirations
- improving access to information about services and public spaces by increasing the clarity of what we do, how we do it and how it can be accessed
- giving the people of Stockport equal opportunities to identify & voice their needs and participate in developing and delivering services
- increasing a sense of safety amongst equality target groups
Read our Equality and Diversity statement 2018 to 2022 (PDF 1.12Mb) to find out more.