Emergency first aid
At the end of the course participants will be able to understand how to:
- preserve life
- protect from further danger
- provide pain relief
- prevent injury from worsening
- provide reassurance
- promote recovery (by referring them to expert help)
- participants are awarded a certificate of attendance. It is valid for three years and recognised by the Health and Safety Executive
This course ensures that participants will have received the skills and knowledge to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency in the workplace. It also ensures that participants are recognised as the 'appointed person'.
Participants are awarded a certificate of attendance. It is valid for three years and recognised by the Health and Safety Executive. The 'appointed person' is someone who takes charge of an emergency situation should the need arise.
This training is open to all front line staff who;
- work in social care
- work for Stockport council
- are members of the Independent, Voluntary and Private sector
A charge of £50 per delegate will apply to applicants from the independent, voluntary and private sector. Staff development reserves the right to charge a £50 non-attendance fee when confirmed places are not taken up on this course.
- 12 November 2018
- 12 December 2018
- 17 January 2019
- 8 February 2019
- 4 March 2019
- 19 March 2019
Learning and development Centre, 1st floor Stopford House, The Training Company