At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand what Dysphagia is and how it occurs
- be aware of the signs and symptoms of Dysphagia
- be aware of problems caused by Dysphagia
- promote safer eating and drinking for individuals
- understand the role of the Feeding Assessment and Advisory Group (FAAG).
During this course participants will use a mix of theory and practical presentations to learn how to provide safe eating and drinking for individuals.
It is open to all staff who work in the Stockport Disability Provider Service and other Learning Disability Service Providers.
It is essential you are directly supporting an individual with a learning disability whom has a support plan in place via the FAAG Team.
An active care first number will be required to ensure ongoing need for this training.
No charges apply to this course.
Duration and venue
3 hours. These courses start at 9:30am and finish at 12:30pm. They are held in Stopford House in the centre of Stockport.